Wednesday 12 February 2014

Creating A Vintage Home



You have a great vintage wardrobe, why not make a great home to match? PV owner, Gillian gives her top tips on how to create the perfect vintage home...

1. Be Thrifty: Make sure to check out charity shops and car boot sales.

2. Don't be afraid to clash colours!

3. Do some research: If you want a real authentic vintage home, look up old interior books and magazines, you might come across some iconic pieces of an era.

4. Get Creative: Vintage is vintage, but with a little TLC anything can be as good as new.

5. Be Yourself: Your home should be a treasure trove of all your things and a reflection of your personality, so get it all out and HAVE FUN!!

A few favourite picks from Gillian's vintage home...




Meet Marti the Moose, he's made from recycled magazines! Such a fun welcome in our hallway!


Love this colour! 1930's Italian glass bowl from my Gran <3


Everyone knows I'm a fan of poodles! (Have you met my babies Rocco & Jude?) Love this 1950's decanter and my prized giant guard dog which was a house warming gift from my mum. PS: Got to have a Jo Malone candle too!


Stunning 1800's hand painted vase - a family heirloom from my Grampa.


Vintage inspired Diana camera just for fun! Oh and another recycled magazine piece! 


Vintage curtains and glassware in my relaxation room when the hubby is playing Fifa! PS: Charity shop finds!


Vintage Grundig radiogram (Grampa's prized possession) with retro telephone from hubby's mum and recycled vinyl cake stand.



Vintage trinket boxes where I keep all my special bits and bobs on the night stand.


Vintage hair brush set for brushing my locks at night - so pretty to look at and they make me feel like a mermaid haha!


No mess, no fuss! All of my beauty products are stashed away in this stylish vintage chest in the bathroom!


So there you have it! Want to make a start on your vintage home? Head over to the homeware section on our website: http://www.parmavintage.com/homeware


No comments:

Post a Comment